Baked Cod with Prosciutto and Lentils
Growing up in Manila, I grew up eating fish one way: fried. I liked making this dish a lot because it gave my parents a new way to eat cod.
2 skinless cod fillets
half a stick of unsalted butter, melted for a few seconds in the microwave
6 slices of prosciutto
For the lentils:
2 cups of brown lentils
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
3 bay leaves
salt, olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400Âº. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Brush cod fillets with butter and wrap each in a two slices of prosciutto, leaving the ends open. Brush with butter again. Bake fish until firm and white for about 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, heat a large skillet and add oil. SautÃ© garlic, onion and carrots with a little salt.
4. Using a rice cooker, cook lentils like you cook rice but with an extra 2 cups of water. Add your sautÃ©ed vegetables, thyme and bay leaves.
5. Serve cod on a bed of lentils.