Grilled Lamb Chops with Corn Pudding and Balsamic Mint Jus
Adapted from Chefs A’Field
For the chops:
8 lamb rib chops
2 tbsps fresh rosemary, chopped
2 tbsps fresh thyme, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
For the corn pudding:
vegetable oil, for greasing pan 2 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 2 or 3 ears)
2 cups heavy cream
5 large eggs
1/2 cup finely diced onion
3 cloves garlic, sautÃ©ed slowly in oil until soft but not browned
3 large egg whites
For the jus:
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup strong veal stock or beef broth
1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, julienned
salt and pepper
1. To marinate chops: In a large bowl or plastic storage bag, combine lamb chops, rosemary, thyme, garlic and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 24 hours.
2. To prepare corn pudding: Heat oven to 325Â°. Lightly oil an 8-inch-square baking pan and set aside. Place 1 1/4 cups corn in a food processor, and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add cream and process until corn is purÃ©ed. Transfer to a large bowl and add remaining 1 1/4 cups corn, eggs, onion and garlic.
3. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites to medium peaks. Fold whites into corn mixture, and season with salt to taste. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until set and golden on top, about 1 hour. While pudding is baking, prepare jus and chops.
4. To prepare jus: Place vinegar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced by half. Remove from heat and add veal stock and mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.
5. To finish and serve: Heat a grill to medium-high. Lightly grill chops to taste. Place a serving of corn pudding on each of four plates. Lean 2 chops against pudding. Drizzle balsamic jus around plate and serve.