Roman-Style Veal Cutlets with Sage
04. February 2006 Uncategorized 0
Adapted from Mario Bataliâ€™s Saltimbocca alla Romana
4 veal cutlets
4 fresh sage leaves
4 slices of prosciutto
flour for dusting
3/4 cup dry white wine
salt and pepper
1. Lay 1 sage leaf lengthwise on each veal cutlet, then wrap a prosciutto slice around each cutlet, encasing the sage. Set aside.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper and use to coat each cutlet.
3. In a large skillet with hot oil over medium-high heat, cook cutlets through until golden brown, about 4 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Add wine to skillet. Cook over high heat until reduced. Pour over cutlets and serve with lemon wedges.