Leftover Healthy Vegetable Bowl
I don’t have measurements for this recipe because it truly is a leftover bowl of whatever I needed to use up in the fridge. The only thing I bought is the sweet potato.
oil, salt, pepper
For the dressing:
2 garlic cloves
a small knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
1. Preheat oven at 425º. Wrap the sweet potato in foil, place on a cookie sheet, and bake for about 50 minutes, or until it’s fork tender. When it’s cool enough to handle, peel, and chop in smaller pieces.
2. Marinate the red cabbage in a little lemon juice, salt, and pepper and set aside.
3. Make the dressing now and set aside. Blitz everything and season to taste. It should be a little more tangy than sweet.
4. Peel the carrot and continue to use the peeler to shred the meat onto your salad bowl.
5. Toss the broccoli florets in oil, salt, and pepper, and add to the cookie sheet to bake with the sweet potato for 20 minutes.
6. Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork and transfer to your salad bowl.
7. Assemble and complete your salad. Add sliced avocado, scallions, and sprouts. Drizzle the dressing all over.